Mobile devices like smartphones and tablets are indispensable tools for today’s workforce. But managing all those devices can be a headache without the right solution. That’s where Mobile Device Management (MDM) comes in.
Implementing MDM provides immense benefits for companies of any size and industry. Read on to learn how MDM saves you time, money, and headaches while taking your business mobile.
What is Mobile Device Management?
Mobile Device Management refers to software tools used to remotely manage mobile devices like cell phones, laptops, and tablets. MDM provides central oversight and control over these devices in an organization.
With MDM, companies can:
- Enroll employee devices
- Install and manage apps
- Configure device settings and policies
- Secure devices against threats
- Support devices remotely
- Track asset inventory
- Gain insight into device usage
This allows secure access to company data and apps while protecting the network. Employees can be productive anytime, anywhere, while IT maintains control.
Key Benefits of MDM for Businesses
Implementing Mobile Device Management provides a variety of advantages:
1. Improved Productivity
MDM empowers employees to work efficiently from anywhere. Features like Wi-Fi management ensure seamless connections. App distribution and updates happen automatically in the background. Remote troubleshooting means fewer work disruptions.
With MDM, employees have the tools they need on hand around the clock. This boosts productivity for remote teams, field workers, and on-the-go professionals.
2. Enhanced Security
Mobile devices introduce new security risks to companies. An MDM solution lets you manage devices centrally to close vulnerabilities.
You can require passcodes, encrypt data, blacklist risky apps, and swiftly wipe lost or compromised devices. Granular controls restrict access to sensitive corporate data. Regular monitoring protects against mobile threats.
3. Lower Costs
Streamlining mobility with MDM reduces costs in several ways:
- Automates time-consuming IT tasks like device configuration and app installs
- Cuts cost of lost or broken devices with remote locate and wipe commands
- Allows secure BYOD policies reducing device acquisition costs
- Increases workforce productivity and efficiency
- Reduces security incident response time
4. Simplified IT Management
Managing many different devices is made easy with an intuitive MDM interface. IT can automate enrollment, deploy resources remotely, and monitor everything from a central dashboard.
Built-in analytics provide visibility into the mobile fleet. Troubleshooting and supporting devices is more efficient using remote tools. MDM saves IT teams significant time and headache.
5. Compliance and Control
MDM provides the oversight necessary to stay compliant with regulations like HIPAA and PCI DSS. Granular controls restrict access to sensitive data. Detailed reporting provides proof of compliance.
Companies maintain full visibility and control over devices. MDM also enables flexible BYOD programs while ensuring corporate data stays protected.
Key Features of MDM Solutions
The best MDM platforms have a robust set of features to manage and secure mobile fleets. Here are some key capabilities:
- Device enrollment – Streamlined onboarding of company or employee-owned devices.
- Policy enforcement – Configure and enforce device settings remotely.
- App management – Distribute apps over the air and manage licensing.
- Data security – Apply encryption, passwords, VPNs to protect data in transit and at rest.
- Compliance – Ensure devices meet industry and internal compliance regulations.
- Monitoring – View device status, health, activity in a central dashboard.
- Remote control – Remotely troubleshoot devices and distribute updates.
- Geolocation – Locate lost or stolen devices on a map.
- Wipe – Remotely wipe company data from devices.
- Inventory – Track mobile assets and usage across the organization.
- Analytics – Gain insights from device metrics to guide decisions.
Implementing MDM in Your Organization
Here are some best practices when rolling out MDM:
- Research different MDM providers to select the best platform for your specific needs and use cases.
- Enforce BYOD policies and have employees sign waivers to increase adoption.
- Phase the rollout starting with small groups to resolve any issues early.
- Communicate the benefits of MDM to employees and provide training resources.
- Leverage both automatic and targeted onboarding strategies to enroll devices efficiently.
- Take advantage of available preconfigured templates and policies to ease setup.
- Regularly review analytics and reports to maximize value of the solution.
- Stay on top of emerging mobile technologies so you can utilize new capabilities.
Go Mobile Securely with MDM
As the workforce becomes more mobile, effectively managing devices is crucial for any organization. MDM solutions provide robust tools to enhance productivity and security.
With improved visibility and control over mobile fleets, companies can reduce costs, boost efficiency, ensure compliance, and stay competitive. MDM empowers innovation by enabling mobility and flexibility across the enterprise.
Leveraging GoTo Resolve’s MDM solution allows businesses to efficiently manage their mobile devices. Call us today to see a demo for yourself. (818) 734-7400