Report Shows Nearly One out of Four New Cloud Communications Users Chooses Mitel
- For the fourth consecutive quarter, more cloud communications users chose Mitel than any other brand, surpassing the nearest global competitor by 2x
- Mitel increased Q2 market share in subscriber seats and enterprise cloud communications
- Mitel also led in cloud communications revenue for Q2
DALLAS, Sept. 28, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Mitel® (Nasdaq:MITL) (TSX:MNW), a global leader in real-time business, cloud and mobile communications, expanded its lead in worldwide business cloud communications, according to a new Synergy Research Group report* on Q2 2015. Eclipsing the competition, Mitel climbed in subscriber seat numbers securing 24 percent of the market, while advancing its lead in enterprise cloud communications to roughly 36 percent. The company also pulled ahead in revenue for the period.
Mitel’s broad portfolio of cloud communications provides customers the best path to the cloud—whether private, public or hybrid deployment. Mitel’s cloud communications services are available on a subscription basis to companies of all sizes. By bringing real-time communications features for voice, video and collaboration to desk phones, laptops and smartphones, businesses can work faster and more productively. Mitel also provides a full range of cloud communications solutions through its global network of partners, including Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS). Mitel powers more than 33 million connections each day.
“Earlier this year, we migrated to Mitel’s hosted unified communications solution and the benefits are clear. It has allowed us to connect 10 of our offices and remote employees, enabling them to stay connected and collaborate with ease,” said Daniel Rivera, manager technical services, Make-A-Wish America. “The solution was affordable, scalable, high quality and dependable.”
“With Mitel’s large installed base of private cloud telephony users and its growing UCaaS subscriber base, we see again Mitel as a standout leader in Cloud Business Communications,” said Jeremy Duke, founder and chief analyst, Synergy Research Group. “Through Mitel’s innovation of being the first to market with a fully virtualized PBX, they continue to capitalize on the growing market acceptance of UC cloud deployments for both public and private clouds.”
“Our decades of telephony experience and expertise as a pioneer in virtualization give enterprises a high level of trust in knowing Mitel offers the simplest and most secure path to the cloud,” said Jon Brinton executive vice president and general manager, Mitel Cloud Services. “As more enterprises look to cloud communications, Mitel provides a global standard of excellence for connecting and reducing complexity.”
- More than 1.6 million users around the world rely on Mitel for cloud communications.
- Mitel is globally recognized as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications
- Discover “How Cloud Communications Is Opening Up Possibilities”
- Check out “10 Reasons Companies Are Moving Communications to the Cloud Today”
- Find out how to “Put Together a Winning Cloud Lineup“
*Cloud Business Communication Market Share Report Worldwide 2Q 2015